This week’s video takes a look at the beginning of Judas and Satan’s failed plan to put Jesus in “checkmate.”
Scroll down to find Scriptures, Discussion Questions, and Prayer Guide.
- “Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called the Passover. And the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how to put him to death, for they feared the people. Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve. He went away and conferred with the chief priests and officers how he might betray him to them. And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd.” (Luke 22:1–6)
- “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Eph 6:12)
- “The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe.” (Proverbs 29:25)
- “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.” (1 Timothy 6:10)
- “And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:11)
WHAT (what did we learn from God’s Word?)
- What were the 3 things did Satan, Judas, and the leaders use to accomplish great evil? (Fear of people, Love of Money, Hiding in Secret)
- This passage says Satan entered into Judas to do this. What do we need to know about Satan? (1. He is real 2. He is our enemy 3. He has power in this world 4. He has NO POWER over the children of God)
SO WHAT? (Why does it matter?)
- Why did Judas want to betray Jesus in secret? (He wanted to do something evil, get money for it, and for no one to find out)
- Why will lovers of money/greedy people not inherit the Kingdom of God? (Our sin deserves death)
- How, then, can people like me and you inherit then Kingdom of God??!! (Any type of sinner can be washed, sanctified, justified in the name of Jesus and by the Holy Spirit)
NOW WHAT? (What difference does it make in my life?)
- Can you think of a way that people (and what they think) becomes more important than God in your own life?
- Can you think of a way that money becomes more important than God in your own life?
- Can you think of a way that you hide in secrets in your own life?
- How does it make you feel that – even if all these things are true – you can be washed clean and forgiven?
PRAYER TIME (“TAG Time”)
- TELL: Tell God how you feel, tell Him the things you are thankful for, tell Him how much you need Him (confess your sins)
- ASK: Ask God for what you need, ask Him to help you and others
- GIVE: Give God glory, honor, and praise!
In Case You Missed It:
- Stuck (vol. 1) – Joseph
- Stuck (vol. 2) – Elijah
- Stuck (vol. 3) – Esther
- Stuck (vol. 4) – Lazarus
- Stuck (vol. 5) – Simon Peter
- Stuck (vol. 6) – Paul and Silas
- Stuck (vol. 7) – Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
- Stuck (vol. 8) – The Disciples
- Stuck (vol. 9) – Zacchaeus
- Stuck (vol. 10) – David
- Stuck (vol. 11) – John
- Stuck (vol. 12) – Psalm 107
- Stuck (vol. 13) – Israel
- Summer Upside Down (vol. 1) – Building a World that Keeps Breaking (Luke 21:1-28)
- Summer Upside Down (vol. 2) – Watch Yourself and Stay Awake (Luke 21:29-38)
- Summer U.D. (vol. 3/Twin Lakes Edition) – 1 John 4:10
- Summer U.D. (vol. 4) – Checkmate (Luke 22:1-6)
- Family Worship Resources