Gather around as a family for this 8th installment of our kids’ devotional series – “Stuck: How God Meets us in Tight Places.”
Scroll down to find Scriptures, Discussion Questions, Prayer Guide, and Activities.
Stuck in a Storm – The Disciples
- Mark 4:35-41
WHAT (what did we learn from God’s Word?)
- What was Jesus doing during the storm? (sleeping)
- How did Jesus calm the storm? (Just by speaking!)
- What two questions did the disciples ask? (“Don’t You care?” and “Who IS this?”)
SO WHAT? (Why does it matter?)
- How do we see that Jesus is the Lord of all Creation in this story? (Even the wind and the waves obeyed Him)
- Why does Creation seem crazy/dangerous sometimes? (We were meant for peace with God and His good creation in the garden, but sin introduced the thorns, thistles, storms, and viruses)
- What was a bigger problem than the the disciples being afraid? (Everyone feels afraid sometimes: the problem was that they doubted Jesus’ power and His goodness while He was right there with them)
NOW WHAT? (What difference does it make in my life?)
- How does it make you feel to know that Jesus is Lord over creation, and that nothing happens out of His control? Does it ever make you think “does He care?” when we can’t see what He is doing?
- Jesus came to conquer sin and death and sickness and storms, and bring us to a New Heavens and a New Earth. He will make All Things New. Name one broken thing in our world that you are excited about Jesus fixing when He comes again.
PRAYER TIME (“TAG Time”)
- TELL: Tell God how you feel, tell Him the things you are thankful for, tell Him how much you need Him (confess your sins)
- ASK: Ask God for what you need, ask Him to help you and others (Doctors and nurses, people in our community who don’t know Jesus, our church, the people that we miss seeing, people who may not have their jobs anymore, and anyone else that you can think of.)
- GIVE: Give God glory, honor, and praise!
- Here’s a Calming the Storm Coloring Page