Gather around as a family for this 6th installment of our kids’ devotional series – “Stuck: How God Meets us in Tight Places.”
Scroll down to find Scriptures, Discussion Questions, Prayer Guide, and Activities.
Stuck in a Prison – Paul & Silas
WHAT (what did we learn from God’s Word?)
- What were the names of the men stuck in prison? (Paul and Silas)
- Why were they there? (For telling people about Jesus and healing people)
- What were they doing while they were stuck? (Praying and praising God through singing!)
- What happened that made the jailer so scared? (God sent an earthquake to shake the prison, setting the prisoners free)
- What question did the jailer ask Paul and Silas? (What must I do to be saved?)
- What happened next to the jailer and his whole family? (They were baptized and became a part of God’s family!)
SO WHAT? (Why does it matter?)
- Why was the jailer so scared? (It was his job to keep the prisoners in the prison. Since they could get out, he would be in trouble)
- How did the grace of God meet him that night? (The family of God welcomed him in!)
NOW WHAT? (What difference does it make in my life?)
- What do you feel like when you make a big mistake (either sinful or not)? Talk as a family about what you all want that to look like.
- There are people around the world in prison for following Jesus. Stop and pray for them as a family, thanking God for the freedom we have to worship Him.
PRAYER TIME (“TAG Time”)
- TELL: Tell God how you feel, tell Him the things you are thankful for, tell Him how much you need Him (confess your sins)
- ASK: Ask God for what you need, ask Him to help you and others (Doctors and nurses, people in our community who don’t know Jesus, our church, the people that we miss seeing, people who may not have their jobs anymore, and anyone else that you can think of.)
- GIVE: Give God glory, honor, and praise!
- Have a family discussion about whether or not it is a good idea to get a pet snake
- Here’s a Paul and Silas Coloring Page