Gather around as a family for this 11th installment of our kids’ devotional series – “Stuck: How God Meets us in Tight Places.”
Scroll down to find Scriptures, Discussion Questions, Prayer Guide, and Activities.
Stuck on an Island – John
Revelation 21:1–5: “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.””
WHAT (what did we learn from God’s Word?)
- What was the name of the island where John was sent away? (Patmos)
- Why was he sent away? (As a punishment for telling people about Jesus)
- What is the name of the last book of the Bible, that John wrote while stuck on Patmos? (Revelation)
- What is a vision? (It’s like a dream where God showed people in the Bible what happened in the past, present, and future)
- What story does Revelation tell 7 different times? (Jesus was born, lived, died, and rose again to defeat sin, death, and Satan. One day, He will come again to make a New Heaven and a New Earth)
- What 3 things did we learn won’t be in the New Heavens and New Earth? (Dying, Crying, Pain)
SO WHAT? (Why does it matter?)
- Why does it matter that God will make “all things NEW” instead of making “all new THINGS”? (The things we do, say, create, and how we treat people now MATTERS)
NOW WHAT? (What difference does it make in my life?)
- How is our world hurting? (sickness, death, racism) Does knowing that Jesus keeps us safe and is coming again give you courage?
- What is one way that you can TELL others about our hope and safety in Jesus?
- What is one way that our family can SHOW others hope and safety because of Jesus?
PRAYER TIME (“TAG Time”)
- TELL: Tell God how you feel, tell Him the things you are thankful for, tell Him how much you need Him (confess your sins)
- ASK: Ask God for what you need, ask Him to help you and others (Doctors and nurses, people in our community who don’t know Jesus, our church, the people that we miss seeing, people who may not have their jobs anymore, and anyone else that you can think of.)
- GIVE: Give God glory, honor, and praise!
- Here’s a Revelation Coloring Page
In Case You Missed It:
- Stuck (vol. 1) – Joseph
- Stuck (vol. 2) – Elijah
- Stuck (vol. 3) – Esther
- Stuck (vol. 4) – Lazarus
- Stuck (vol. 5) – Simon Peter
- Stuck (vol. 6) – Paul and Silas
- Stuck (vol. 7) – Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
- Stuck (vol. 8) – The Disciples
- Stuck (vol. 9) – Zacchaeus
- Stuck (vol. 10) – David
- Stuck (vol. 11) – John
- Family Worship Resources