This week’s video was originally recorded for our friends at Twin Lakes Summer Camp.
Scroll down to find Scriptures, Discussion Questions, and Prayer Guide.
- “In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” (1 John 4:10)
- “For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son” (Romans 8:29)
- “put off the old self with its practices and put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.” (Colossians 3:9–10)
WHAT (what did we learn from God’s Word?)
- What does it mean that Jesus is our “propitiation”? (He satisfied God’s Justice: trading places with us and taking the Big Consequence for our sin – death)
- Which is more important: how tightly we hold onto Jesus, or how tight He holds on to us? How much we love God or how much God loves us? (How much God loves us/How tightly Jesus hold on to us!)
SO WHAT? (Why does it matter?)
- Why did we need Jesus to be our propitiation/cover us with His image? What illustration did Mr. Zack use to show this? (We are like a broken mirror: made to reflect God’s image but not able to glorify Him.)
- Why is it good news that Jesus covers us and gives us His perfect image? (God can look at us and see Jesus! He welcomes us and loves us if we are safe in Jesus.
NOW WHAT? (What difference does it make in my life?)
- How would it make you feel for God to look at you and say “perfect!” Why do you think that makes people happy?
- Do you ever feel like you want other people to look at you and say “perfect,” or look at yourself in the mirror and say “perfect?” Why will this always leave us sad?
- Have you ever thought God loved you because you loved/obeyed Him? How would it change the way you live if you believed the opposite (that God loves you just because of Jesus!)?
PRAYER TIME (“TAG Time”)
- TELL: Tell God how you feel, tell Him the things you are thankful for, tell Him how much you need Him (confess your sins)
- ASK: Ask God for what you need, ask Him to help you and others
- GIVE: Give God glory, honor, and praise!
In Case You Missed It:
- Stuck (vol. 1) – Joseph
- Stuck (vol. 2) – Elijah
- Stuck (vol. 3) – Esther
- Stuck (vol. 4) – Lazarus
- Stuck (vol. 5) – Simon Peter
- Stuck (vol. 6) – Paul and Silas
- Stuck (vol. 7) – Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
- Stuck (vol. 8) – The Disciples
- Stuck (vol. 9) – Zacchaeus
- Stuck (vol. 10) – David
- Stuck (vol. 11) – John
- Stuck (vol. 12) – Psalm 107
- Stuck (vol. 13) – Israel
- Summer Upside Down (vol. 1) – Building a World that Keeps Breaking (Luke 21:1-28)
- Summer Upside Down (vol. 2) – Watch Yourself and Stay Awake (Luke 21:29-38)
- Summer U.D. (vol. 3/Twin Lakes Edition) – 1 John 4:10
- Family Worship Resources