Hope Exchange pursues socioeconomic renewal and justice in the Jackson area, fostering an environment where church and community members can know God personally, thrive in God’s design for work and finances, and engage in healing relationships across cultural and socioeconomic lines.
Hope Exchange uses biblically based job preparedness and financial literacy tools that equip individuals with practical skills & knowledge; it provides training & volunteer engagement for the church body; it facilitates inclusive and collaborative learning opportunities and empowering relationships; and it builds bridges to quality employment and financial security.
The Hope Exchange Community Group
- Meets Wednesday evenings from 6 - 7:45pm in the Redeemer choir room as a consistent, relevant, and hospitable space to grow and learn.
- There will be food, fellowship, discipleship, and gospel-centered discussion about practical issues and topics each week.
- Open to any adult who wants to be part of the Hope Exchange community.
Faith & Finances
- This 12-week class provides a supportive community in which people of all backgrounds can gain skills to manage their money well and honor God in the process.
- Predatory lending, poor credit, low financial literacy, broken relationships, and many other factors often keep people trapped in poverty. Without the right tools and a supportive community, it’s almost impossible to escape the cycle.
- Class meets once a week when scheduled.
- This 10-week class prepares the under and unemployed for sustainable employment through practical job and life skills training.
- In addition the curriculum empowers participants to recognize that God is at work in the world and that their jobs are a way of participating in that work.
- Class meets twice a week when scheduled.