This week’s video from the kids’ Upside Down Series “Jesus Stories: the Gospel Of Luke”
Scroll down to find Scriptures, Discussion Questions, and Prayer Guide.
- Psalm 22
WHAT (what did we learn from God’s Word?)
- What does it mean to be crucified? (The way Romans punished criminals: hanging on pieces of wood – a terrible way to die – so everyone could see, laugh, and make fun.)
- What did the people do to Jesus while He was on the cross? (Took His clothes, made fun of Him)
- What did Jesus pray while He was on the cross? (“Father, forgive them because they don’t know what they are doing”)
SO WHAT? (Why does it matter?)
- How could Jesus pray for the people hurting Him? (He had chosen together with God the Father to save His enemies and friends. He wasn’t thinking about Himself, but about sinners like you and me)
- How could He say they didn’t know what they were doing? (They didn’t realize they were killing the Son of God – their only hope to live.)
- How was one criminal different than the other? (One thought he deserved to be saved, the other knew he was guilty, and that Jesus was innocent. He asked Jesus to remember him.)
- Why did the one criminal get to see Jesus in heaven? Was it because he was a good person who always followed Jesus? (No – he was forgiven because he confessed his sin and asked for Jesus’ mercy and grace)
NOW WHAT? (What difference does it make in my life?)
- Some people say “forgive and forget.” But instead, forgiveness is remembering: remembering the hurt as forgiven. How does it make you feel to know that Jesus made it possible for you to be forgiven?
- Talk about some other books, stories, and movies that remind you of the story of Jesus. How does this show that our hearts KNOW we need a Rescuer?
PRAYER TIME (“TAG Time”)
- TELL: Tell God how you feel, tell Him the things you are thankful for, tell Him how much you need Him (confess your sins)
- ASK: Ask God for what you need, ask Him to help you and others
- GIVE: Give God glory, honor, and praise!
In Case You Missed It:
- Upside Down (vol. 1) – Building a World that Keeps Breaking (Luke 21:1-28)
- Upside Down (vol. 2) – Watch Yourself and Stay Awake (Luke 21:29-38)
- Upside Down (vol. 3/Twin Lakes Edition) – Propitiation (1 John 4:10)
- Upside Down (vol. 4) – Checkmate (Luke 22:1-6)
- Upside Down (vol. 5) – The Lord’s Supper (Luke 22:7-30)
- Upside Down (vol. 6) – Roosters and Rest Time (Luke 22:31-46)
- Upside Down (vol. 7) – No Condemnation (Luke 22:47-71)
- Upside Down (vol. 8) – You Say You Want A Revolution? (Luke 23:1-25)
- Upside Down (vol. 9) – Firewood vs. The Tree of Life (Luke 23:26-31)
- Upside Down (vol. 10) – Remember Me: a Tale of Two Criminals (Luke 23:32-43)
- Family Worship Resources